2. Late last night Ju Ju waddled into our room, got on the bed, and refused to get off. So she curled up at our feet and slept there all night. It was quite nice, rather like having a little vibrating pillow on your feet, but she snores reallyloudly sometimes.
3. Fucking Tories on Woman's Hour are going on about how grandparents should be more important in childcare. Yeah, those old timers have no lives of their own! We should just automatically expect them to serve as unpaid childminders. There's no way grandmothers might have jobs, right?
4. In just a few days, Patsington and I will be heading off to Engerland, and we will see missbassey and Mr missbassey and the superbaby! And then we will go to Wales and stay in a tiny little hobbit house. We are bringing lots of books and will go for long walks to look at otters and I can't wait.
5. Robin has, inadvertantly, inspired me to reread The Mists of Avalon for the first time since i was 17. I absolutely loved it when i was 17 - seriously, when I was reading it I used to actively look forward to getting home purely to read more of the book. And now it's all very cheesy and preposterous and humourless. And yet....there are moments when I remember why I liked it. So yes, it's entertaining, and I'll be driving through most of its locations next week (we're going to stay in Shepton Mallet, near Glastonbury, on our way down to Cornwall), so it's rather timely.
6. I got The Sims the other day, and while I do like it very much, I find it strangely stressful. There's always something wrong with them! Every time you want to advance their stories, they urgently need to go to the loo, or clean the bath or eat some revolting food. Stupid Sims!