2. Getting to interview Julia Quinn (hopefully in the next few days)! I love her books. They are fluffy without being stupid, and unlike many romance novels, they're actually, well, quite romantic. Perfect brain candy.
3. Life on Mars. I missed it when it was on, but daegaer gave me the entire series the other day, and it is so good. Time travel! Comic '70s pastiche! Genuinely exciting crime drama! It's got it all, really. Also, many of the female characters dress rather like I did in college. There was a reason that my style icon back then was Mary Tyler Moore.
4. Did I mention the sun?
5. My mad bag-making skillz. Since learning how to make a bag with a gusset (oh loathsome word), there's been no stopping me (and my sewing machine). I have now made several bags of various sizes, my prefered style being vintage-style printed cotton under a layer of clear oil-cloth. So easy, and yet strangely satisfying. However, I don't really need this many bags. Guess what you're all getting for your birthdays, chums!
6. The Woolen Mills trimmings shop (see above).
7. Patsington's amusing visions of his sister's wedding. She's getting married next year, and Patsington's mother J has, to the surprise of all, turned into a bridezilla-in-mother-form, even though the bride herself does not care about having a big fancy wedding. J, however, does, and the wedding is getting more and more elaborate. Which has become something of an affectionate joke between me and Patsington. For example:
Me: So, what are the latest plans?
Patsington: They're going to be preceded by a swan as they go down the aisle.
Patsington: But the poor swan can't walk very far.
Patsington: Because of his diamond shoes, of course!
I think he has a bright future as a wedding planner, don't you?