1. Did you support the introduction of the Euro before it came along? Do you think it's a Good Thing now it's here?
Um. I dunno. I have very mixed feelings about a huge Europe, mostly because the way things are going, it seems like it will be a Europe run in the interest of big business. And while I am a socialist and certainly not a libertarian, I have a bit of a problem with huge, huge government; I think Europe is just too big and the countries in it are just too different to be run as one huge federal republic. As for the Euro itself, well, no, I didn't support it. Mostly out of crappy sentimental reasons - there does seem something sad about getting rid of all those currencies - and partly out of aesthetic reasons (such hideous, hideous badly designed money! And our old money had animals on it). The most practical reason was that the vast majority of our trade is with the UK, and while it's now much handier for continental Europeans to do business with their neighbours, the crappy exchange rate made all imported stuff twice as expensive. Also ,the introduction of the Euro prices here have risen so much that we are now the most expensive country in Europe.
2. If you could only buy/wear clothes from one designer/one shop for the rest of your life, which would it be? What if it was only for the next three years?
Hmmmm....for the next three years, definitely Built By Wendy or Marc Jacobs, but I can't imagine getting away with their stuff when I'm forty. maybe Prada? V. nice and slightly less gimicky than the other two.
3. Where in the world would you most like to live?
In Dublin, if it had better shops and if I were much richer. Oh all right, New York, because I love it.
4. I got told at work the other week that I'm "weird". It wasn't meant as an insult, just a matter of fact. Are you one of the "normal" people or one of the "weird" people?
Hee, one of the weird ones, definitely. Small H and I have a special hatred for people who say that we're "mad! You're mad!" Usually because we read books and don't listen to cheesey chart music. And have many conversations about school stories and how we might have untapped magical powers.
5. If you could make one wish come true for someone you love, what would it be?
I would wish that Patrick could make a living from music.